Re: Petronix

To: healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Petronix
From: Jwhlyadv@aol.com
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 19:29:17 EDT
I had a rotor problem recently. Turns out the screw that holds the cam
assembly to the shaft was missing. This allowed the whole assembly including
rotor
to ride up and down on the shaft. Judging from the odd wear on the points
rubbing block to the cam, it probably had been doing this for a long time
before
the rotor cracked.

Two years ago (that's probably when I forgot to install the screw) I rebuilt
my BJ8 Distributor because of a worn shaft.  I used a 25d body from a Sprite
(NOS for $20) and just changed all the internals to my six cylinder
configuration. Works great.

Thanks,

Jim Werner
Louisville, KY

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
aolbn43.jpg]

Check out the new British Cars Forum: