RE: valve cover oil leak-your solution

To: "Healeys@Autox.Team.Net" <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: valve cover oil leak-your solution
From: "Peter Schauss" <schauss@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 21:23:23 -0400
I just put a thin layer of wheel bearing grease on both sides of the
gasket.  I set the gasket on the cylinder head and put the valve cover
on top of it.  Then a go around with a dentist's probe and coax it into
position under the valve cover.  The grease makes it stick to the
cylinder head well enough so that it stays where I put it.

HTH,

Peter Schauss
1980 MGB
1963 BJ7