2639 to 2912

To: Healey List <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: 2639 to 2912
From: Rick Swain <grain@auracom.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 1904 00:17:57 -0400
I'm rebuilding my 6 port BN4 and it appears this is the first time for a
rebuild - pistons are stamped and matched to corresponding numbers on the
block.  The engine appears in pretty good shape. I need new pistons as they
move around a bit in the bores and there's a small piece missing from the
top edge of one of them. I can get a set of nos A&E 3000 pistons for less
than 100-6 pistons and since I'll have to rebore anyway I'm wondering why
not?

My question - is a simple rebore all that's required to convert my 100-6 to
3000 displacement? I know there are cam differences etc and I'll look at.

Cheers

Rick Swain
'59 BN4

Check out the new British Cars Forum: