Re: 2639 to 2912

To: "Rick Swain" <grain@auracom.com>, "Healey List"
Subject: Re: 2639 to 2912
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 09:14:53 -0500
The answer is finding a machine shop with a sonic tester...

What it does is measure the cylinder bores for thickness... if the core
hasn't shifted during pouring the cylinder itself should be rather
consistent.... with a sonic tester measure every single point in the
bores...   Anyone that is experienced in the process can do this for you and
give you some degree of certianty of what it will accept or won't.

You might also consider custom pistons from a company like JE... they make
them to exactly your size and even set them up with rings of your choice as
well as Pins...

I'm not at all afraid of running or installing sleeves ( I'm guessing that
is what your calling a liner )....  so long as the sleeves aren't touching
after the machine work and water can flow normally this is a very acceptable
answer.  I've had a couple of engines in excess of 700hp with sleeves and my
current Rodeck came with them...

Keith Turk

Check out the new British Cars Forum: