Re: Concours Gold level? Damn right!

To: foxriverkid@earthlink.net, MBran89793@aol.com, healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Concours Gold level? Damn right!
From: RAHosmer@aol.com
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 22:04:13 EDT
I probably should stay out of this because I am WOEFULLY ignorant of concours
procedure(s) but, if your car was judged and pronounced "gold" at an event
(as I understand it not the same one your pictures are from?) sanctioned by the
governing body whose leaders you are reviling, would you not have a
certificate, or some other "proof" which would put all this to bed?

I am guilty of throwing away the earliest posts in the thread, but the
ongoing dialogue has now piqued my interest. I have a feeling that the FULL
facts
are not yet before us.

I'm NOT trying to cause trouble here, just trying to learn for the future. I
know that if I went to the tremendous extent and expense to achieve that level
of restoration, I would not have just walked away from the judging
empty-handed. Was there a disagreement at the time? Did someone tell you the
certification would be forthcoming, and it never has been?

Are the rules arbitrary, or subjective? Did the judging official(s) "leak"
info to you - leaving you to believe that you HAD achieved the gold level, and
then later reneged, after caucusing? I had this happen to me once, in an
entirely different arena, and it is VERY upsetting.

I also know that EVERY field of interest has its core/clique of individuals
who do most of the work, get most of the limelight, but who also bear the brunt
of any dissatisfaction. I have had minimal (but so far satisfactory) contact
with Mr. Anderson, and Mr. Brantley - I do not know, or even know of, Mr.
Streng.

In short, I'd like to know more about what caused this problem - if I ever
seriously restore my car - I want to know what I'm in for. Responses, from
either side, will be welcomed, on or off list.

Thank you.

Dick Hosmer
62 Tricarb - BT7L18556

Check out the new British Cars Forum: