RE: BN2 original color

To: <RonFineEsq@earthlink.net>, <Rmbj8@aol.com>, <acmiller@mhcable.com>
Subject: RE: BN2 original color
From: "Ron Fine" <RonFineEsq@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 18:44:56 -0800
I don't usually get involved with these disputes but on this topic I have
some first hand experience.  I too was looking for the "perfect" Healey Ice
Blue for my BN7.  I had good samples of the original color from my car to
compare the new paint with.  I tried several formulas I got from individuals
on this list and others who shared with me and I was not happy after having
samples mixed up and sprayed on sample panels.  So, I went to R & R Paint
Supply, Inc.  Your son was very nice but he told me he would not sell me
anything other than a full gal. even though I only wanted a pint or quart to
sample.  He showed me an old paint chip out of a Sherman Williams paint book
and said the paint would look like the chip.  So I paid the price for a full
gal. and when it was sprayed on several sample panels I was very
disappointed.  It was much darker than the original paint on my car. I have
since learned that other individuals believe it is too dark for a Mark I.
It might be appropriate for some later cars but it doesn't look anything
like the original ice blue I have on my car.  (The samples on my car were in
very good condition, from several areas that were never exposed to sun,
heat, etc.)  Your policy of only selling full gallon and refusing to provide
actual samples is really, in my opinion, just wrong.  You have my money and
I have a gallon of paint I can't use.
Ron Fine