RE: BN2 original color

To: <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: BN2 original color
From: "Gary R. Cox" <gcox@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 22:16:16 -0500
I have to chuckle every time I read a thread or recommendation
regarding Mr.  Maine's formula for Healey colors. It's like he's
attempting to protect an R&R Paint Company corporate secret similar to
the formulation for Coca-Cola or the herbs in KFC batter. <grin>

Unfortunately today, there's no secret to paint formulations, but I
admire Mr. Maine and his friends for continuing the mystique regarding
his unique shade.

I haven't seen identical Healey blue cars at any show I've
attended. For that matter, I've never witnessed a Healey owner or
spectator at a show exclaim "Look over there...OMG, it's a R&R Paint
Co.  Healey blue BJ8"!

What's really important is that the correct shade of Ice Blue / Healey Blue
is the shade that you like.

Gary R. Cox
'67 BJ8
Bradenton, FL