Re: Healey 100 Cam Specs

To: michaelsalter@rogers.com
Subject: Re: Healey 100 Cam Specs
From: CNAArndt@aol.com
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 10:40:38 EST
Mike & All,

Yes, Buick Straight 8 Lifters are an old hot rodders trick for the 100 from
the 50's and 60's and you are correct they require a longer pushrod.  I've even
spoken with Denis Welch about these and he is very familiar with the mod and
said that he would buy all the lifters that I could find here in the US.

The only problem is that they are extremely rare and hard to come by, however
I currently have a line on a set for myself.  A local well known British shop
here in SoCal is also familiar with the modification and has custom made the
pushrods in the past.  The pushrods have to be longer since they seat in the
bottom of the lifter vice on the top as in the stock setup.

If anyone is interested I'll see what other information I can find out.

Cheers,

Curt Arndt
Carlsbad, CA
'55 BN1, '60 AN5 :{)

In a message dated 12/3/04 4:54:34 AM Pacific Standard Time,