Dayton Wheels, Gillett tires

To: <GSFuqua1@aol.com>, "AustinHealey List" <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Dayton Wheels, Gillett tires
From: "Lyle Matson" <medlabinc@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 10:18:34 -0800
     Same here.  I also have a new set of (HWW) Dayton wheels / Gillett tires
/ tubes/ wheels checked for true / shave marks but very few / balanced.
     Also on this car:  balanced rear drums / new rubber bushings through out
except for top trunion bushing which is offset poly / king pins redone and new
bearings by BCS.

     THERE IS ZERO SHAKE.

     I use this car for the road - and it goes down the road nice.

     Impression:  These (HWW) Gillett tires looked small to me at first
glance.  I think though that's because we're so accustomed to seeing larger
tires on our cars now.  These tires match original pretty close but are a
whisker wider at the mid-section and they are wider at the tread also.   After
looking thru G. Robinson and Clausinger books again, these tires fill the
wheel wells just right - in my humble opinion.  And the way HWW is setting
them up they sure work good.

DM / WA State
BJ8