Air Ducts

To: healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Air Ducts
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 14:13:17 EST
The left-hand ducting was what I had trouble with when I was restoring my BN7
- Of course, I waited until the fender was on and the engine in to try to
install it. However, one trick that eventually made the difference and would
certainly help even in better situations, is to note that original pictures
show
that the ducting didn't extend straight from the open/close duct in the front
to the collar on the firewall. Instead, it drops way down into the fender well
and then comes back up again -- sort of a serif U-shape. With the duct
stretched out and pushed down into the fender it is much easier to connect at
each
end.

On the other hand, if you really don't care about originality and want a
little improvement in performance, buy a foil clothes dryer duct at the
hardware
store in the same diameter. They're flexible, go in easily, and have the
benefit of reflecting heat so the air is cooler when it gets to the driver's
footwell. And some people even like the bright silver look.

Cheers
Gary