RE: BN1 Ride height

To: <Awgertoo@aol.com>, <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: BN1 Ride height
From: "Michael Salter" <michaelsalter@rogers.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 17:17:12 -0500
Hi Michael,
I experimented with having springs re arched several years ago. I found that
it was only a temporary solution. The problem is that to re arch the
springs, all that is usually done is to bend them, one way or the other,
beyond their elastic limit. Eventually they bend back and as a result are
usually weaker.
If I were to tackle the issue again I would get the arch correct then take
the springs to a heat treater to have them annealed then hardened and
tempered as appropriate. I believe that that would be the best option.
Bending them cold was just a waste of money.

Michael Salter
www.precisionsportscar.com