Re: BN1 Ride height

To: dcrawfor@san.rr.com, mark@nashvilletn.org, healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: BN1 Ride height
From: Awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 18:39:48 EST
In a message dated 12/11/2004 5:50:36 PM Eastern Standard Time,
dcrawfor@san.rr.com writes:
8-1/2" from ground to the top of the door sill at the rear corner of the
door.
Maybe I should be focusing on what is the correct ride height--measuring to
the top of the frame rail at about this same point (rear end of door) I come up
with approximately 8.5 inches.  That said, there is still 3/4" or so
difference ground clearance between the front and back  Does anyone have the
proper
dimension to either the top or bottom of the frame rail?

BTW, I counted eight leaves in my springs whereas drawings in both the shop
manual and Moss seem to show seven.  Denis Welch sells an upgraded rear spring
set with eight leaves--he says that there is "one extra" and claims a 12%
firmer ride.  My car was converted by the first owner to M specs in 1957 and I
believe that one of the kit options was an eight-leaf spring set.

Any information here will be appreciated.
Best--Michael