Re: documenting as-is healey - camera suggestions?

To: "john spaur" <jmsdarch@sbcglobal.net>,
Subject: Re: documenting as-is healey - camera suggestions?
From: "Bob Spidell" <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 20:27:15 -0800
John,

The macro feature is necessary for close-ups; i.e. less than 15" from the
subject.
I highly recommend a camera with this feature (most should have it, now).

You don't need massive megapixels (unless you're going to make wallpaper ;)
3MP should be plenty for up to XGA--1024X768 pixels--resolution, typical for
most common computer displays.

USB uploads require the camera to be powered-up (AC or batteries), so get a
media--Compact Flash, for instance--that is compatible with your computer.
Newer
laptops support Secure Digital  cards, so if you have one get a camera that
uses SD.
If your camera uses CF then get an adapter for the PC-card (PCMCIA) slot (less
than $10, preferably Type II CF).

You should be able to get something for $200 or less.

bs