Re: Barrett-Jackson Auction - Reporter on the scene...

To: "David Nock" <healeydoc@sbcglobal.net>,
Subject: Re: Barrett-Jackson Auction - Reporter on the scene...
From: "Keith Pennell" <pennell@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 19:53:28 -0500
David et al,

With all due respect to the more knowledgable on the list, anything is worth
what the buyer is willing to pay.  Not to beat a dead horse but this old
adage is quite true.  I don't disagree with the figures that you and Mike
are tossing around.  However, just because you put 90000 into the project
does not mean that there is a buyer out there willing to give you that
90000!

Sure you could set on it until that buyer comes along, but that may not
happen.  I would be curious to know how many of the rods and restored old
cars did not go for the money the builders had in them.

Keith Pennell