RE: Engine rebuild wisdom sought

To: <HealeyBN7@aol.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Engine rebuild wisdom sought
From: "Don" <don@anglesey.us>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 08:26:10 -0800
Dave,
The manual will provide you with the info you need and the internet is a
great resource also.  When I rebuilt mine I planned the engine out and
then used a professional for final assembly.  For some of the work you
will have no choice but to take it to a shop that is capable of doing
machine work unless you have the equipment available.  The cam usually
has to be reground but all the parts are available from the various
suppliers.  Plan the engine out to the way you want to drive it and use
known combinations to get what you want.  Take your time and do it right
and you will have many years of enjoyment.
Don
57' BN4