Re: Driving lights

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Driving lights
From: Blue One Hundred <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 09:36:55 +0800
The vibration may not seem like a big deal, but they will definitely
wear out the bulbs filaments over time.  If you do use the factory
style badge bar, you must find some way to fix it down.  Plus the
vibrating beam on the driving light is maddening with this set up.

By the way, the vibration was so bad, that when I had the badge bar on
my car, the driving light mounting lip broke in half from the
vibration only 2 years after I mounted it on the car.  I know everyone
has their opinions on this, but from my perspective just because the
"factory badge bar" came from the factory, doesn't mean it's good.

Other listers of course have a different opinon on this and I respect
their opinions... but my experience with them is they are second rate
equipment.  Mount it up to the bumper brackets through the splash
shield... it's the best way to go.

Cheers,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8