Re: 3000 trans

To: Alan@nfahc.co.uk, healeybn7@yahoo.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 3000 trans
From: Awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 15:29:33 EST
In a message dated 3/27/2005 3:08:41 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Alan@nfahc.co.uk writes:
I understand the ratios on those boxes are quite close together.  The box
from a pick-up has wider spacings.
Alan and all--

There are a lot of different "Toyota 5-speeds" floating around out there.
For some info go to:

http://www4.tpgi.com.au/users/loats/technical/ma61/gearboxes.html

It is very difficult to identify from what vehicle a gearbox came, apparently
because of the lack of external identification points.  The best way, of
course, is to get it out of the car itself at a junkyard.  BTW there are
numerous
sellers of reconditioned Japanese engines and transmissions online but I have
made no enquiry to any of them about models, etc. etc.

Best--Michael Oritt