Re: Bugeye Sprites, anyone?

To: "Jackson Krall" <jackson_krall@yahoo.com>, <Editorgary@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Bugeye Sprites, anyone?
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 00:47:43 -0500
Gary I've kind of had the same response thou I think I've sold my bugeye
using our list here...

The real problem is that most of us can remember $500 dollar original
bugeyes and have trouble imagining a real live unrestored car worth even
half what your guy was asking...

Another thing is that most of us have our hands full with the cars we are
playing with and bringing another one into the fold is a bit much... (
especially at that price... )

Lastly Bugeye's aren't cost effective to restore to a concours level... let
alone a decent car when you do.... major performance gains are ultra cheap
with the addition of a 1275 and a quality trans is available in many other
forms then the smooth case...  Just doesn't make sense financially to
restore one to that level...

Keith