Re: front carb damper

To: Greg Lemon <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Subject: Re: front carb damper
From: Blue One Hundred <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 11:36:25 +0800
Greg -

WD40 is too thin.

You need something with some viscocity when the engine's cold... that
helps make the mixture very rich on accelleration... has a similar
affect on an SU sort of like an accelerator pump on a Holley carb.  If
the oil's too thin your car will be hiccuping on acceleration when
it's cold.  If the oil's too thick, it'll waste gas every time you
stomp on the throttle.  20 weight is the way to go.

If you want more power from an SU, you have to get bigger thoats or more carbs.

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8