RE: Knock off should be Pound On

To: William Moyer <William.Moyer@millersville.edu>, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Knock off should be Pound On
From: Dean Caccavo <healeybn7@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 08:11:42 -0700 (PDT)
Instead of frequent hammering, I use a very small dot
of touch up paint on the hub and the knock off, and
inspect the dot alignment before heading out.

After a period of trial and error (number of blows and
how hard) the dot's now stay aligned.  In my case, I
wasn't using enough force.

While watching an old BMC promotional film, I was
suprised how hard they seem to be nailing the hubs -
overhead swings that looked like they were pounding in
railroad ties.  Now that seemed like overkill.

Yahoo! Sports
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com