RE: Re:Knock Off, again

To: "healey (E-mail)" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Re:Knock Off, again
From: John Loftus <loftusdesign@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 08:12:01 -0700
With my old worn wheels/hubs if felt like you could "tighten them all
the way" and then hit them another 1/4 turn. With new
wheels/hubs/spinners you can see when the knockoff stops turning and
then it's time to stop hitting (using a 3lb dead blow plastic hammer ...
wheels in the air). After the first drive I then mark the spinner and
hub with a sharpie pen. Just a couple of dots to show alignment. Then I
have piece of mind when I look at the dots, see them aligned and know
the spinners haven't moved (and I haven't had one move on me yet).

Cheers,
John