Re: ethanol

To: "Dr. C. Rubino" <ruvino@ripnet.com>,
Subject: Re: ethanol
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 08:57:32 -0500
I am not a chemist or engineer, but when ethanol was widely introduced in
the midwest in the '70s everybody said do not use it in your british car
because it will attack rubber in the gas lines and carburettors.  I also
seem to remember some discussion of natural rubbers vs. modern synthetics,
with the modern synthetics more resistant to any degradation from the
ethanol.

Greg Lemon
54 BN1