Re: ethanol

To: "Bob Spidell" <bspidell@comcast.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: ethanol
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 13:36:15 -0400
----When I lived in Albany, ..once in a while I would take a cruise up to lake
George in the Healey. (13-18 years ago) ....at the time, you could still buy
101 octane gasoline for racing boats. -I was able to talk one of the gas
dealers to allow me to back the car out onto the dock and fill up. ---I had
never appreciated that the gasoline that the cars were designed for...would
make such a difference. -Especially after advancing the timing to spec.
Stronger, smoother, --and even sounded different.  ....If only I could get
some of that on a regular basis now, -I'd promise not to drive past schools,
hospitals or nursing homes... Honest.

David W. Jones
'62 Mk II BT7 tricarb
Cumberland, RI USA