Re: ethanol

To: "I Erbs" <eyera3@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: ethanol
From: "Bob Spidell" <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 09:16:08 -0700
Ira,

100LL ("Low Lead") avgas is chock full o' lead (something like 2 grams per liter
or something).  It's only "low" compared to earlier formulations of avgas, which
had about 50% more lead.  Don't inhale or get on hands (though I do like the
smell ;)

Avgas has lower and more consistent volatility, measured in Reid Vapor Pressure.
Alcohol and gas mix fine and, theoretically, the alcohol will help scavenge
water
in the fuel system.

bs