Re: Alan Hendricks

To: jdmay@attglobal.net, Beth@lunney.us
Subject: Re: Alan Hendricks
From: GSFuqua1@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 23:29:00 EST
Perhaps I have missed something here but I don't believe the purpose of
setting up the AHCUSA directory is to identify Healey people who are NOT
willing to
help.  Rather it is to help identify those who are either more able or
available to help.

For example, I have my own shop, complete with lifts, tools and spares.  I'm
there every day except Sundays.  Having rebuilt a few cars I have been blessed
with at least a little knowledge and I have the time.  Why wouldn't I want to
let people know that my resources are at their disposal?  I can name many
others in this area of the country who are just as avid in the Marque, if not
more so, than I but they either work full time jobs or don't have access to the
things that I do.  That doesn't make me more willing to help or them less
willing to help but I can assure you that if someone is in trouble and they are
not
familiar with the area having the ability to flip a few pages and find
someone who has voluntarily offered their time and resources would be
reassuring at
a minimum.

I guess I'm just confused on the comment about finding people who are NOT
willing to help.  I just don't see this as an AHCA Vs AHCUSA thing.  I'm a
proud
member of both and will continue to be regardless of what is offered by either
club.  Why?  Because I like all things Healey and I enjoy getting all the
information that these great sources provide.

Cheers to all,

Gary Fuqua
Branson, MO