Alan Hendricks

To: "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Alan Hendricks
From: "Bob Johnson" <robert.w.johnson@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 20:14:03 -0500
I broke down about 30 miles from Greensboro NC last Wed, Driving on the
stretch of I-85,40 between Durham and Burlington. My wife had been leading in
the truck, and I was a couple of cars back in the Healey. We had
walkie-talkies so we could talk back and forth if necessary. I was in the 3rd
of 4 lanes when I lost power. Signaled wildly and fortunately was able to get
off onto the right shoulder without getting killed. (Some nice people
apparently realized that I was really slowing and slowed so that I get cross
in front of them.) Called Roberta on the walkie-t, but she didn't hear me and
kept going. After a few minutes she realized that I was no longer behind her,
and she had the cell phone. (Well, I was behind her, but...).  Was able to get
to Alan Hendricks, by way of wife's nephew who happens to live next door to
him. In the mean time my wife had "found" me, maybe half hour later. Told him
what I had done so far and he said "rotor button". I had one of those cheap
imitations, but I did have a spare (Lucas) with me. He nailed the problem, and
I was under way very shortly thereafter. Ain't it great that we have such
great resources through this list.

Bob Johnson
BJ8