Re: BN1 speed

To: "Manuel Formosinho Sanchez" <ManuelFS@Emparque.pt>,
Subject: Re: BN1 speed
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 10:01:09 -0600
Manuel, contemporary road tests pretty much all have the top speed at
somewhere slightly over 100 M.P.H.  Don't know if these cars were totally
stock, or had a little extra oomph as test cars provieded by the factory,
but I have no doubt that in good shape and tune a 100 should infact do close
to or over 100 M.P.H.

My car too will only not make 90 MPH, but I know I have a tired motor that
it down on compression.

If your engine is on good shape I would first check to make sure timing is
correct, then carburation.

Would also be curious as to what other listers have experienced with top end
on their cars, as well as a brief description of condition and tune (stock,
modified, etc.)

Greg Lemon
54 BN1