Re: BN1 speed

To: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Subject: Re: BN1 speed
From: Roland Wilhelmy <rwil@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 12:45:28 -0800
Driving back to college from trips to the movies in Pomona CA, in my
new BN2 in 1956, on what is now I-10 and was then called 'the
freeway', on several occasions I hit a speedometer 100 mph.  Top up
and side curtains in place at midnight on  winter nights.  It felt
like there was a bit more but that was enough for me.  Speedometer was
accurate at 70 mph according to the CHP who told me (at another time
and place) if I wanted to drive fast to do it on the freeway heading
east.  But that was long ago in a distant galaxy.

-Roland
'53 BN1