Re: BN1 speed

To: Manuel Formosinho Sanchez <ManuelFS@Emparque.pt>
Subject: Re: BN1 speed
From: Blue One Hundred <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 07:28:57 +0800
Manuel -

I have a stock early BN1 with Spiral Bevel Axle and it will easily surpass
80 mph.  I haven't taken it up to 100, but it has plenty of power at 80 and
I think it wouldn't be too difficult to get to very close to 100, if not
over 100.

It sounds to me that your car needs a tune up.  When I first got my BN1...
the carbs and timing were all messed up... as soon as I tuned it all and
rebuilt the carbs, I probably increased horsepower (and fuel efficiency) by
30%.

Cheers,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8