Re: BN1 speed

To: "Healey Discussion List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: BN1 speed
From: "Mark Endicott" <mark@nashvilletn.org>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 15:43:38 -0600
My BN1, with a pair of H6's, a shiny valve cover and who knows what else,
was on it's way to 100.  But, at about 95 my right arm was beaten nearly to
a pulp, by my female passenger and I had to give it up.  Actually she was
watching the GPS at the time.  It was a nice straight road, early in the
morning on a July Tennessee day, probably only 80F at the time.  I do recall
that at about 70 I flipped the OD and got a nice kick in the butt from it :)
No doubt in my mind that with the windscreen down and one less passenger it
would have done over a ton.  It did get very light in the front end at that
speed, very little driver input was needed to keep it in line, hiccups would
have put me in a ditch.

Mark
Nashville