Re: How did we pick our Marque?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: How did we pick our Marque?
From: jomar healey <ah53@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 15:15:04 -0800 (PST)
When I married my wife I came with a 1967 Corvette  street racer.  The deal was
I would sell it when she was with  child.  Seven years later "the Kid" came
along ant the vette was  sold - needed to pay the bills.  Two years later I was
miserable  not having a top down car.  Marge, being the great wife she is,
suggested I could buy a sports car again but it had to fit the whole  family.
My first car,and the one I met her in, had been a '63 TR4  I bought from a
priest at Fordham; that got me to thinking  British.  Little did I know that
while she was dating me and the  Triumph she was also dating another guy and a
BRG Healey, so when I  suggested a Healey she thought it was a great idea.  To
me a  Healey should only be blue and after a short search we found the BJ8 at
Global Healey in upstate New York. The car and AHSTC have been an  intergral
part of our lives since 1981 and "the Kid" and son-in-law now  have their first
Healey -- a 1965 Sprite.  Our collection has  since grown but
 the BJ8 is still known as "Daddy's blue baby".

  Joe
  BJ8 '67
  BN1 #923
  BN7 "the mutant" soon to be on the road with hardtop and AC