Re: How did we pick our Marque?

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: How did we pick our Marque?
From: healeybn7@aol.com
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 21:43:12 -0500
My story is short and of course, sweet.
1972.  High school.  Senior year.  Some guys were renting a house across the
street from our house.  One of the guys had a car.  It sat so low I wondered
how it made it down our street.  Most beautiful car I had ever seen.  I found
out it was an Austin Healey.
Forward 30 years.  College, marriage, kids, work, life - the usual.  Gradually
- accomplishments I had to show.  Several motorcycles and British cars along
the way.  Then, about 3 years ago I traded a BMW motorcyle for an MGB
(interesting story).  The MG sat in the garage.  My wife and kids thought it
was cute, and fun to drive, which it was.  Nothing against MG's, as I have
owned a couple and would dearly love to get an MGA - but - something must have
clicked inside and one day I told my wife - 'you know what I've always wanted?'

That was it.  A few months later I had my Healey, and sold the MG.
It was worth the 30 year wait.

Dave M.
61 BN7