Re: How did we pick our Marque?

To: caws52803@aol.com
Subject: Re: How did we pick our Marque?
From: Alan Schultz <alan@andysnet.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 18:12:48 -0600
Back in the early 60's both of my brother's-in-law owned Healey
roadsters. Got to drive one and remember my older brother-in-law getting
real excited when I took some curves at higher than normal speeds. The
car stuck to the road like glue. Fast forward to 2002 and my son says to
me, "I know a guy that has to sell two Austin Healey's and he wonders if
you'd be interested".  Went and looked at them. Both were BJ8's. One was
a bunch of boxes of parts, bare frame with shrouds removed and
sheetmetal propped up against the walls. The other was on blocks and
looked very very tired. My son and I purchased both with the idea that
he and I would restore both together. We didn't touch the tired car
since most of it was original and was a great help in getting my BJ8
back together.

After he made a few moves around the state he is renting a small
apartment and is 50 miles distant. He has recently sold his very tired
66 HBJ8 to a guy from Texas. I've been enjoying mine but the wife has
arthritis and complains about the rough ride and seating position so am
now restoring a Jag MK VII saloon. The Healey is my pet and it'll remain
in my possession and willed to the family.

Alan Schultz
67 HBJ8L/34297
Watertown, WI