Re: gauges fogging up

To: jnew@hazelden.ca
Subject: Re: gauges fogging up
From: Warthodson@aol.com
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 18:30:06 EST
I am still having a hard time buying into this logic. If there is liquid on
the coil there would have to be liquid on the glass, the case & every other
part of the interior of the car. I don't believe that the coil has a higher
affinity for moisture that any other component. If the coil actually gets hot
enough to vaporize liquid, then I agree that the moisture content of the air
inside
the case would increase & then could re-condense, if the air came into
contact with a surface that was below the dew point of the air. Simply heating
up
the air without increasing the moisture content would not do it. Another
possible source of moisture is from a person's breath, but I would expect the
condensation to form on the outside of the glass, not inside.
Gary Hodson

In a message dated 1/5/2006 11:57:38 AM Central Standard Time,