How did we pick our Marque?

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: How did we pick our Marque?
From: LarryRPH@aol.com
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 23:15:12 EST
By accident- believe it or not.   When I got out of the army in  1957, I
decided to buy a new car. I researched the Motor Trends etc and was  really
impressed by a car I believe was named Stanguelini.  Nothing could  touch that
car
for acceleration, speed etc and was a 2 seat roadster. I went to  S. H Arnolt
(foreign car dealer) in Chicago and  told the salesman  what I wanted, and he
informed me that it would take about 6 months, at least,  to get a Stanguelini
as they did not keep them in stock .  I was  preparing to leave the showroom
and head for my second choice (Mustang)  when  the salesman asked me to take a
look at a car that he had in stock  and could give me immediate delivery.  I
declined put he insisted that I at  least look at the car - so I did. It was a
 brand new 1958  AUSTIN-HEALEY BN 6.  It was love at first sight.  I took it
for a ride and went back to the showroom and made the deal. About  $3,200 as I
recall.

I used the car on our honeymoon in 1959 and really enjoyed the car.  However,
The wife was soon expecting our first and I had to sell the car - with  much
regret and  made the resolution that someday I would get another  Healey.
After bringing up 5 kids, I found a 1958 BN 6 in 1995 that I could  afford.  I
still have the car and maintain it in top condition. I have  driven it  in
England , France , Belgium, Germany ,  and Switzerland  while on the UK2K tour
in
2000.(having it shipped from Baltimore to  Liverpool).  Also, to Conclaves in
Park City Utah , St Louis, Indianapolis  , Winston-SALEM,  as well as 7 or 8
trips from Chicago to Louisville for  Springthing.   I will never part with the
car!

Larry Wysocki