Re: How did we pick our Marque?

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: How did we pick our Marque?
From: James Sailer <heliskier@direcway.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 07:33:08 -0700
For me I came from a family of british cars .... We had a 58 Rover 105S and
61 Land Rover 109, then a Rover 3 litre coupe' ... A volvo Amazon wagon also
resided with us for years .. A rover 3500S resided with my grandparents ....
I got a 58 Bugeye free from the neighbors at age 15 (circa 1972) ... which I
rebuilt with a 1275 spridget motor, painted etc .. When parts were hard to
find for a bugeye .... drove it for a year or so then bought a 63 Mini
Cooper .... Drove it for a year (way fun) or so and fixed it up and painted
it ... During this time an older friend of a friend had a 3000 .. I
eventually got 2 3000s (1 BJ7 and 1 BJ8).. One hit in the front and one hit
in the back ... And made one car that I drove for a year or less and needed
something bigger .. Then went on to Land rovers and a few misc other cars
for transport .... After many a moon we are now with:

66 BJ8
93 Land Rover Defender 110
03 Mini Cooper S
05 Volvo XC90 (spousal unit - great car we took delivery on in Sweden this
past summer - but that's another story)

Jim Sailer