Re: How did we pick our Marque?

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: How did we pick our Marque?
From: m.brouillette@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 17:50:53 +0000
  My story is I use to drive Triumphs and MGs back in the mid 70s and loved the
top down feel, but at that time I was always living under the cowl repairing
one thing after another and getting pretty sick of it.

   In 1978 a friend called and suggested I go out and try one of the new Mazda
Rx7s.  Well I bought my first one in the fall of 1978 and have owned them ever
since and love that little rotary engine.

  Well, in the mid 1990s, I was playing in a golf tournament in Jackson NH and
all day I hear this sweet British engine sound reverberating thru the mountain
passes up there and seeing all these Healeys running down the roads.  Well my
golf game wasn't up to par that day cause I was getting a bit distracted with
those wonderful Brit cars passing the course heading somewhere in the hills all
day long.

  After the tournament ended, I decided to follow one of the cars to see where
they were all coming to and low and behold I came over the crest and at the
Eagle Mountain House I saw rows of them.  I had come across the  Austin Healy
club of America Northeastern's Summit gathering.

  Well I parked my car and started wandering around the cars and talking to
folks.  One of the gents I talked to was Don Payne who took me under his arm
and filled me in more on the cars, the differences, and where I could dig up
more information.  Well that started me on my quest for my Healey for my 50th
birthday present to myself which ended 2 years later with my 59 BT7.   It's
been a love affair ever since...

Mike Brouillette
Bedford, NH
1959 BT7