How did we pick our Marque?

To: "Healey list (Healey list)" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: How did we pick our Marque?
From: "Taylor, Todd S" <todd.s.taylor@lmco.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 15:54:27 -0500
 I was in to British cars when I was a kid , don't remember what started
me, but I must have been 10 or 11 when I saw my
first healey driving down the street , That's all it took for me to fall
in love with one.  Before I found my healey
I bought a 66 MGB from a girl who had put to much oil in it and it had a
bent needle value in one of the carbs.
She just put a new set of tire's on the car that was worth the $300 I
paid for the car. Cried when I had to sell that car.
In 1979 I found an ad in the paper for a 1959 100-6..  called and went
to look at it.  The frame was next to this guy's house with the fenders
inside the car.  The motor was under a tree with the head off it and a
12 inch square rag covering up the pistons.  He brought out a laundry
basket full of the electrical parts from his basement.  Car had been
there for I would guess 10 years.  I wasn't sure what to do.  He wanted
$300 for the car???  I wasn't sure I could put the thing back together.
In talking to him about it , he said he had another 59 100-6 he bought
as a parts car at his father's house all there.  I asked him if he
thought I could make one good car with both.  Yup!  So I paid $300 for
both cars, towed them home..  My mom was ready to kill me, my dad loved
it.  So to end the story I took the good parts of one car and got the
other car running I drove the car back in 1979 and 80.  Sold what I
didn't think I needed for $300(which was a mistake at the time)
Car went in storage in 1980 for six years while I moved around the
country.  Finally bought a house got married and started restoring it
but kids, time and money got in the way(my wife won all the time).  I
replaced a bunch of panels years ago and they could use replacing again.
Had some things done over the years, still haven't finished it.  It runs
great, and mechanically every thing is there just the body needs a
professional to do it over.  I don't have a big enough garage...  My
wife keeps telling me to get rid of it and buy one already done.  It's
the principle of the matter to finish what I started and preserve the
car..  But I also have a 1980 MGB limited I drive in the summer so I
don't feel so bad not working on the healey....it will get done some
day.  Sorry if this story is to long.  I could have got into more detail
but I tried to make it short.  Remember this is in upper new York state
with 130 inches of snow...Todd..  ( I start it up once in awhile just to
listen to it and smell up the house)