BJ8 Hubs

To: "Healeys@Autox. Team. Net" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: BJ8 Hubs
From: "Richard Pratt" <prattri@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 18:45:47 -0500
List,

Based upon the responses I have received, I need to provide additional info.
I have an early Phase 2 BJ8 27068 made in 5/64.

When I purchased new chrome wire wheels, I also wanted to replace the
original hubs.

After receiving the new hubs, I removed the outer race of the outer bearing
from the old hubs.

When I went to install them in the new hubs, the outer race of the outer
bearing was too small(approximately 1/8 on the Dia).

If the hubs are not original to the car, what car are the hubs from? If I
elect to use the new hubs with new large bearings, I would also have I
replace the grease covers since they fit into the bearing bore. It would be
cheaper to find the right hub and not have to replace bearings and grease
covers.

TIA to all those who have tried to help