Re: Heritage Certificate vs Originality

To: "Eckert, Josef" <Josef.Eckert@t-mobile.de>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Heritage Certificate vs Originality
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 08:39:35 -0500
Hello Josef,
I agree, Primrose yellow is a very nice colour on Healeys. However, the
works dropped the colour in February 1960. This means it was available on
the earliest 3000's and then stopped.
The bottom line, of course is that it's your car and you may finish it any
way you want.
However, if you were to have it judged using our National Concours Registry
format and score sheets, it would have a standard deduction of 30 points out
of 1000 for "Exterior colours available on Austin Healeys but not documented
as ever having been available on the model being judged."
Further to that, if you were to install the interior colours for a Primrose
car, black trim with yellow piping, or on a duo tone Primrose over Black
with yellow seats, black piping, yellow trim, black carpets, etc. there
would be further deductions for the interior colours not available after
Feb. 1960.
If this does not matter to you, enjoy doing the car as you like.

Rich Chrysler