Re: Hard to start when cold

To: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hard to start when cold
From: "Bluechipracing" <bluechipracing@snet.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 19:17:48 -0400
  David:   retarding the timing a little may make it start easier, but you
really want the timing set for the optimum once it is at operating
temperature.   Sounds to me like you are not getting enough enrichment
(choke) for the cold starts.  Check to make sure that when you pull the
choke, the jets drop sufficiently.  Try a little overkill to see if this
helps.

  What do you mean by "full clutch"?  I think its best to start the car in
neutral, without depressing the clutch.  Although declutching unloads the
transmission first motion shaft, it adds the resistance of the throwout
bearing  which seems more to me.

  Jim

  East Hampton, CT