Re: Hard to start when cold

To: "Alan Seigrist Blue 100" <healey.nut@gmail.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hard to start when cold
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 12:09:37 -0400
Hi Alan,
Thank you for the tips.
I'll try a little of the octane booster,  for the ping.
I doubt that it is carbon deposits, since it has only been about max 150 miles
since the engine was totally rebuilt, -with new pistons, valves, etc. --And
the ping does only occur under heavy load. -And oddly enough, absolutely no
run on......

I'll have another look at the choke cables, -but I think that they are set as
tight as they will go, without preventing the choke from being able to fully
close. --But I'll double-check.
David W. Jones
'62 Mk II BT7 tricarb
Cumberland, RI USA