Re: Ethanol and Healeys

To: "Gil Rockwell" <gilrockwell@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Ethanol and Healeys
From: "Alan Seigrist Blue 100" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 09:43:57 +0800
Gil -

It depends if you have HD carbs or not.  If you have HD carbs on your
car then it's probably not a good idea because the rubber boot on the
carb jet probably cannot handle ethanol.  If SU Burlen and other
manufacturers reformulate the rubber in the boot, then possible.

If you are using an H type or HS type carb, then ethanol should be ok,
since both of these carbs don't have fragile rubber parts around the
fuel... but I can't speak for certain.

Of course the SU fuel pump definitely will also be a problem area, but
you can replace the SU pump with a FACET pump and ethanol won't be an
issue there.

 Good Luck,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8