Re: Ethanol and Healeys

To: healey.nut@gmail.com, gilrockwell@comcast.net
Subject: Re: Ethanol and Healeys
From: N5572B@aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 22:08:41 EDT
Many years ago, (in a galaxy far, far away when my BT7 was still a driver)
several refiners in California put ethanol in their fuel, late 70's I believe,
and other than the first few tanks picking up the water and crude in the
system, mine ran fine and no adverse affects to the fuel pump.  I didn't (and
don't)
have HD carbs so can't speak to that issue but would advise a fuel filter
before the fuel pump.  Ethanol does take the water out and will pick up bits
and
pieces that will happily live in the bottom of the tank with straight fuel.
The MTBE is harder on rubber parts than ethanol, so if you didn't have problems
with it, you shouldn't have problems with ethanol.

Dave Duffey
59 BT 7 (still a project unfortunately)
Paradise, CA