Re: Ethanol and Healeys

To: "tom felts" <tomfelts@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: Ethanol and Healeys
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 09:22:40 -0500
Ethanol has of course been big in the midwest for a long time, maybe 20
years or more, the word on the street when it came out was that it would
degrade any rubber used in the fuel system of our LBCs, so I have avoided
pumping it into my cars.

Even in the Nebraska where it is highly favored and subsidized we have three
fuel choices at pretty much every station. Regular, which is usually 87
octane, ethanol
which is 89-90, and premium, which is 91-93.

Ethanol is usually cheaper (subsidies) but lately has crept up over regular
from time to time, I have started to run ethanol in the modern cars I drive,
and seems to be fine, always run premium in the Healey.

Greg Lemon
54 BN1