STATOR TUBE DRAMAS - NON ADJUSTABLE STEERING COLUMN

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: STATOR TUBE DRAMAS - NON ADJUSTABLE STEERING COLUMN
From: "scott@scottjgraham.com" <scott@scottjgraham.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 01:04:54 -0700 (PDT)
Guys,
  My garage is trying to reinstall my stator tube which was removed by another
recently so i could fit a new steering wheel (Lempert - v nice). They have run
into a drama.
  When the sleeve is fitted over the bottom of the stator tube, the sleeve and
stator tube combined are now too wide to fit through the steering box cover and
reach the olive nut. What are we doing wrong here? BTW this is a non adjustable
steering column - so has the really long stator tube.
  Scott BJ7