Re: STATOR TUBE DRAMAS - NON ADJUSTABLE STEERING COLUMN

To: <scott@scottjgraham.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: STATOR TUBE DRAMAS - NON ADJUSTABLE STEERING COLUMN
From: "John Snyder" <helyjohn@cablespeed.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 09:20:39 -0700
Scott,

I just installed the long stator tube in my BN7 MK2, (non-adj wheel) and I
believe the sleeve (looks like the old fashoned finger pull that kids had
about 50 years ago) stops when it reaches the inside of the cover, and the
stator tube then continues to slide on through the sleeve and out the olive
fitting.   I agree w/ Rich that you could also install the sleeve the way he
says, but having the sleeve on the tube sure makes it easy to guide the tube
through the hole in the plate.

John Snyder