Re: STATOR TUBE DRAMAS - NON ADJUSTABLE STEERING COLUMN

To: "scott@scottjgraham.com" <scott@scottjgraham.com>
Subject: Re: STATOR TUBE DRAMAS - NON ADJUSTABLE STEERING COLUMN
From: Bob Haskell <rchaskell@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 06:32:33 -0400
Scott,

I haven't played with too many non-adjustable steering columns. But the
steering
box end of things ought to be the same as the adjustable.  I just replaced the
long stator tube on my car (adjustable). We put the two stator tubes together
and slid the (long) tube down the steering column where it hit the steering box
end cover.  We then just wiggled the tube from the steering wheel end and the
tube popped through the end cover. Then fitted the olive and the nut to the end
cover to secure the stator tube.

So what does this sleeve look like?  I don't see any called out in the BT7, BN7
& BJ7 parts list I have.

Bob