Re: STATOR TUBE DRAMAS - NON ADJUSTABLE STEERING COLUMN

To: "scott@scottjgraham.com" <scott@scottjgraham.com>
Subject: Re: STATOR TUBE DRAMAS - NON ADJUSTABLE STEERING COLUMN
From: "Alan Seigrist Blue 100" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 19:47:07 +0800
Scott -

You need to put the olive (you call it a sleeve) on AFTER you feed the
stator tube through the hole.  The compression olive goes on the
outside of the box, not the inside.

The compression olive has a split in it, so when you feed the stator
tube through the hole, you can just slip the olive on the end of the
tube ... just like a chinese finger puzzle.  It is very easy.

Once on the end of the stator you can then tighten down the olive nut.

Regards,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8