update and more questions

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: update and more questions
From: "Jim Parish" <jimp@parishpartners.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 07:04:04 -0700
Fuel gauge problem posted a week ago turns out to be a sunken float. Is
there a sealer or glue that is impervious to gasoline, or is there a source
for the float alone without buying the entire valve?

Carburetor problem still an issue. Cleaned floats and fuel filter up by the
carbs. Looking for flexible fuel line so I can cut the copper line between
the fuel tank and the fuel pump to insert another filter there.

Repaired a frazzled electrical wire to the fuel pump.

A couple more questions arise....is there a paint that won't dissolve in gas
to use to paint the tank?

Also, when the sender unit was removed, I thought there might be some virtue
in cleaning the tank and the pickup screen. Is there a way to do that
without draining the tank?

Jim Parish
Parish Partners, Inc.
214-663-6000   mobile